How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Stevens Your Own Question
Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 1404
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. Stevens is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What type of eye doctor would a person need to see/what type

This answer was rated:

What type of eye doctor would a person need to see/what type of procedure can be done to correct the physical appearance of one eye not moving with the other? ie: when looking directly into a camera to have a picture taken, one eye will be looking at the camera while the other is looking slightly to the left or right?
Hello there
what you are describing is called strabismus. The specialist who fixes this sort of problem is referred to as a strabismus specialist. Often they are pediatric and adult strabismus specialists. These doctors are ophthalmologists who have additional training in strabismus correction. I hope this answers your question, Regards *****
Dr. Stevens and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you