Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I had a brain tumor removed back October 2003, which left me

Customer Question
with a visual field defect...
I had a brain tumor removed back October 2003, which left me with a visual field defect called static quadranriopia (if spelt correctly). The area this covers is the 12pm to 3pm area, which under English driving law renders myself unable to drive, does anybody know if this can be rectified by an operation or any driving aids?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Eye
8/4/2009
Eye Doctor: Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist replied 8 years ago
Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Hello there
there is no operation or aids that would help with this situation as of 2009. Perhaps in the future. Interesting thing is that in the United States, this typically does not keep you from getting or maintaining a license. Regards *****
Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist