How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chan Your Own Question
Dr. Chan
Dr. Chan, Ophthalmologist
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 356
Experience:  Board Certified in ophthalmology
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. Chan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a strabisme divergent, i am 48 years old, i would

Resolved Question:

i have a strabisme divergent, i am 48 years old, i would like to be operated.
It is possible?
Submitted: 8 years ago via RateMDs.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Chan replied 8 years ago.
lt;p>HelloCustomer</p><p> </p><p>There definitely is surgery called strabismus surgery to straighten your eyes. At your age, there are several factors that need to be measured prior to your surgery. We need to know if you would have significant double vision afterwards. We need to know if you have a significant lazy (weak) eye. You should see an ophthalmologist to discuss these issues; but there is surgery that can be performed for you.</p><p> </p><p>Hope this helps and thank you.</p>
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Hi, i dont have double vision and dont have a signifiant lazy eye.
Expert:  Dr. Chan replied 8 years ago.
lt;p>Hello,</p><p> </p><p>I wouldn't expect you to have double vision now. But they would have to test to see if you would have double vision should the eyes be straightened. If not, then chances are good that your eyes can be straightened.</p><p> </p><p> </p>
Dr. Chan and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you