Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I had a cataract opp 3yrs ago, went back for check up a few

weeks later, and told the...
i had a cataract opp 3yrs ago, went back for check up a few weeks later, and told the consultant that my left eyes was blured, he said i got my glasses to early, its still like it i`ve had three lots of glasses since then, then a year ago both my eyes went red, i`ve been told i have posterior scleritis, i dont have a lot of pain but my left eye still blurrs badly. can you help
8/1/2009
Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Hello Christine,

I agree that 3 years after cataract surgery is sufficient time for the prescription to be stable and get glasses. It is difficult to say why your eye were red 1 year ago.

Common after cataract surgery is to have a cloudiness of the membrane behind your lens implant (PCO - posterior capsular opacity). This can be easily fixed with a laser (YAG capsulotomy).

Remember to press the accept button. It was a pleasure helping you with your question today. Feel free to ask any additional followup questions.
i`ve already had that still blurred
When was your last eye exam? What was done? Any retinal problems? Dry eyes?
a few weeks ago, i do have a tear duct problem i have a steriod drops the ease the reddness, which it is doing, but the blurred eye wont ease
With a tear duct problem, the blurriness could be do to a poor tear film. I would address this concern with your ophthalmologist.
why only in one eye, and is it anything to do with the posterior scleritis?
Posterior scleritis is an uncommon diagnosis. I would not expect it to be a chronic problem. It can result in retinal edema. You would need a dilated exam for that.

Poor tear film can be unilaterally, expecially if there is a poor tear duct on that side.
i have had a dilated exam thats when it was found, so you think its the tear duct, thats the problem with the blurred left eye?
With your current treatment, your doctor is treating you for inflammation on the front of the eyes. This surface inflammation can cause blurriness.

If the posterior scleritis is a recent diagnosis, I would recommend talking to your doctor about that.
i have the blurred eyes is since my cataract opp, he has not given me an answer so itought i would ask you
Most common after cataract surgery is the PCO that you have already had treated. Glassed would need updating.

Poor tear film can also cause poor vision, which in your case is likely from what you have told me. The diagnosis of posterior scleritis is uncommon, but if present can cause retinal edeam -- therefore, blurred vision.

It is difficult for me to different those entities without examining your eyes myself, but poor tear seems most likely from what you have told me.
Dr. James
Dr. James
Dr. James