How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chan Your Own Question
Dr. Chan
Dr. Chan, Ophthalmologist
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 356
Experience:  Board Certified in ophthalmology
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. Chan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife has developed a rash around her left eye and is now

This answer was rated:

My wife has developed a rash around her left eye and is now going to the other one. It is itchy and swollen and is on the outer part of the eyes not the inside like pink eye. What product can she use to heal this?
lt;p>HelloCustomer</p><p> </p><p>It sounds like she is having an allergic reaction. Cool compresses over the lids will help with the itching and swelling. Taking OTC Benadryl will also help. If she is very careful not to get any in her eyes, she can even use a small amount of OTC Hydrocortisone cream on the lids. If none of these or time work, she will need to see an eye doctor.</p><p> </p><p>Hope this helps and thank you.</p>
Dr. Chan and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks I will have her try these things.
You're welcome.