Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

Following cataract surgery the retina was detached.After 3

Customer Question
operations to reattach the problem...
Following cataract surgery the retina was detached.After 3 operations to reattach the problem seems to be low eye pressure. no sight in the eye now. Any way to increase pressue?Dr has given 2 shots of steroids in the eye so far.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Eye
7/22/2009
Eye Doctor: Dr. Chan, Ophthalmologist replied 8 years ago
Dr. Chan
Dr. Chan, Ophthalmologist

HelloCustomer

Other than wound leak (which I assume has been ruled out), the low pressure is probably from chronic inflammation. All you can do is to treat the inflammation and give it time to rebuild. With lots of surgery and inflammation, the ciliary body (which produces the intraocular fluid) shuts down. You have to let it rest and recover before it can produce fluid again. But if the ciliary body was damaged, then the intraocular pressure may remain low.

Hope this helps and thank you.

Dr. Chan
Dr. Chan, Ophthalmologist
Dr. Chan
Dr. Chan
Dr. Chan, Ophthalmologist