Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

My eye started to get little swollen from my upper eyelind

Customer Question
My eye started to get...
My eye started to get little swollen from my upper eyelind and then started itching alot. I felt as if something was in my eye. The next day my eye was really swollen, red and with white flaky stuff. I could barely open my eye. What is should I put or apply for the redness, puffyness and itchiness.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Eye
7/17/2009
Eye Doctor: Dr. Chan, Ophthalmologist replied 8 years ago
Dr. Chan
Dr. Chan, Ophthalmologist

How is your vision? Is it both lids? Or just one? Is the skin flaky also (or just around the lashes)?

I forgot to mention that also had a virus on my left eye in the past. I had a herpis simply in my eye and i use to take Viroptic drops and another white milky eye drops. But I know when I get the virs back. these are different symtoms. its just one eye my left eye. My vision is fine just a little blury. and it is around the lashes, onto of the lashes and bottom too. On top of my eyelid there use to be something that looked like white little bublles but now it there gone. It is very itching. What can I apply for the swolleness. please please help

blanca

HelloCustomer

It sounds like you may have a condition called blepharitis. This is similar to dandruff, but on the lashes. The eyelids can get red and inflammed; and the skin around the lashes flake off (just like in dandruff). You can also get styes and cysts around the lash follicles (these are the white bubbles that you see at times).

Cool compresses may help with the swelling. You can also clean the lids and lashes with a 50/50 mixture of warm water and baby shampoo. Just mix them together and use a Q-tip to scrub along the lid margin where the lashes are. Do this 2x/day.

Hope this helps and thank you.

Dr. Chan
Dr. Chan, Ophthalmologist
Thank you I accept your advise and I will let you know when my eye gets bettern or if i have any other questions.

thanks a lot.

blanca

You're welcome and good luck.

Dr. Chan
Dr. Chan
Dr. Chan, Ophthalmologist