Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

Eyelids are red, itchy & appear to have scattered bumps on

Customer Question
them. Stopped wearing eye shadow...
Eyelids are red, itchy & appear to have scattered bumps on them. Stopped wearing eye shadow about 2 wks ago & it didn't make any difference. I am holding warm compresses on them each nigh & applying a basic eye beauty cream but there is no difference. If I start to rub them the itch is much worse.
What can I do or buy?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Eye
7/13/2009
Eye Doctor: Dr. Chan, Ophthalmologist replied 8 years ago
Dr. Chan
Dr. Chan, Ophthalmologist

HelloCustomer

You can try some hydrocortisone cream on the lids 2-3 times a day; however, do not get them in the eyes. There are stronger prescription ointment to use, but they require a visit to your doctor. Cool compresses can also help alleviate. I would leave off any beauty cream for now.

Hope this helps and thank you.

Dr. Chan
Dr. Chan, Ophthalmologist
Dr. Chan
Dr. Chan
Dr. Chan, Ophthalmologist