How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. James Your Own Question
Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 2286
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. James is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My right eyelid is puffy or swollen kinda like I got hit in

Resolved Question:

My right eyelid is puffy or swollen kinda like I got hit in the eye. There's no bump on my eyelid anywhere that I can see just really puffy and red. Do you have any ideas what it might be and what might help to bring the sweeling down?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. James replied 8 years ago.
How old are you? Can you open your eyelids? Any change in vision? Any discharnge?

Dr. Khu
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I'm 26, I can open my eyelids but on my right eyelid I would say only 80%. I have no change in vision and there has been no discharge that I know of.
Expert:  Dr. James replied 8 years ago.
You might have gotten a bug bite and now developed a secondary infection. If small, you body can take care of it. If the swelling is extensive, then you likely will need antibiotics.

If you're a contact lens user, that can cause irritation and cause your eyes to be puffy. If this is the case, then I would take out your contact lens right away and discard them.

For now, you can use cool compress to reduce the swelling. Depending on how severe it is, you may have to see an ophthalmologist, optometrist, or urgent care for evaluation.

Please press the ACCEPT button if I have answered your question. I wish you well.

Dr. Khu
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
When you say small how small are you talking about? Because my whole upper eyelid is swollen, is that something that will go away or do i need to go to the doctor.
Expert:  Dr. James replied 8 years ago.
From what you described, I'd recommend you see a doctor.
Dr. James and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you