Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

What is the approximate cost of corneal replacement surgery

Customer Question
without insurance?...
what is the approximate cost of corneal replacement surgery without insurance?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Eye
7/11/2009
Eye Doctor: Dr. Chan, Ophthalmologist replied 8 years ago
Dr. Chan
Dr. Chan, Ophthalmologist

HelloCustomer

I am assuming you are referring to a corneal transplant in the United States. Most surgeons charge about $2000-3000. The facility fee would be about ($5000-7000 for hospital and $3000-4000 for ASC). Anesthesia would be about $500-1200. The corneal tissue is about $2500. The sum total would be an estimate of $13,000-18,000.

Hope this helps and thank you.

while we thank you for the reply, we are not accepting because we already got the answer. We signed for answers here because it said 15 doctors were online at that moment and ready to answer.
Clearly, no one was online at that time since no one even read the question for a couple of hours. We went searching and found the answer on our own. It's not what we wanted but we couldn't wait.
They should make the system not lie about if someone is really available to answer at the moment or not. Sometimes people can't wait or don't want to wait. A choice should be given to the customers if there really isn't anyone available.
tell the administrator, you made a good answer but it was more than 5 hours later and the system said 15 doctors on line right now waiting to answer.
that was clearly a lie

I'm sorry we didn't satisfy you this time. There may have been 15 doctors online, but there were 20-30 questions. Plus your question was specifically for an eye doctor (and there were only 2 or 3 at the time).

Give us another chance another time and I hope you will be satisfied.

Thank you.

Dr. Chan
Dr. Chan
Dr. Chan, Ophthalmologist