How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. PG Your Own Question
Dr. PG
Dr. PG, Ophthalmologist
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 2337
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Ophthalomology)
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. PG is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have a red spot with a bump (almost pimple-like) on the back

Resolved Question:

i have a red spot with a bump (almost pimple-like) on the back side of my lower, right eyelid. When i feel the front side of my eyelid i feel the bump. You can really see it when looking at me, but up close it looks a little swollen.

Should i be worried. FYI----I have a history of chalazions
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. PG replied 8 years ago.
   What you are describing is most probably a chlazion. If it is tender, then it might have got infected and would need to be drained or a course of oral antibiotics. If it is not tender and is of recent origin, then you can apply warm compresses and take oral anti-inflammatories. After it is cured you need to be evaluated by an Ophthalmologist to look for the cause of recurrent chlazions like blephritis, spectacle correction etc.
Dr. PG and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you