Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

If i nearsighted, what it will be twenty years later, would

Customer Question
i be blind?...
If i nearsighted, what it will be twenty years later, would i be blind?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Eye
7/2/2009
Eye Doctor: Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist replied 8 years ago
Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist

Hello there

what is your age? What is your prescription, that is how near sighted are you? have you had any dilated retinal exams looking for retinal problems? if so what was seen?

im 18, my prescription is -6.00, BC:8.4, D:14.00. i don't have retinal problems, i just nearsighted, will my eye get weaker when time go on. What it will be in the future?

Hello there

you have moderate amount of myopia (near sighthedness). If your retina is healthy, you can expect to have a pretty normal life with good eye sight and minimal problems. It is possible that the strenght of the contacts may need to increase as time goes on but that is simply a matter of updating the prescription. Most people with your level of near sightedness do not go blind due to problems. You should do just as well, Dr. Stevens

Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
thank you doctor
You are so very welcome, Regards
Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist