Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I had a 4 days ago, The Esthetician gave prticular time to a

Customer Question
Hi.. I had a facial...
Hi.. I had a facial 4 days ago, The Esthetician gave prticular time to a sun spot on my left eyelid ner the brow area...tellking me the brownspot wouldbegin to flake off. 2 days later te spot darkened.. i was getting ready to take a walk -sun was blazning.to protect my face i used a sunscreen that is mainly zinc oxide.. i put it on theeyelid.. within hours my eye lid became almostsunbun looking and a large blister began over the eye lid..NOT part of the brown spot..and the lid ws swollen.. i put cold compresses onit, which deflated theblioster a bit..the some cortizone cream..which seemed to help eve more.. itis 12 hours later.. the blister sbck in full force, so is the swelling.should i see an opthalmoogist, a dermatologists or my G.P. This is not painful, does not impare my vision..just unsightly and I have a huge social affair to attend in 3 days! i want this thing gone..better yet, how and why did it start?? help!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Eye
6/10/2009
Eye Doctor: Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist replied 8 years ago
Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist

Hello there

my suspicion is that the sunscreen irritated the delicate skin and caused the blister. Cool compresses to the area should be of most benefit along with a small amount of hydrocortisone creme (1% creme) . Of the three docs you mentioned, the preferred specialist in my opinion is the dermatologist. It is quite possible that this can resolve by the time your event comes around. I wish you well, Dr. Stevens

Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Thank you I now know which direction to go in & I ll conrtinue the cool compress/sand the cortizone cream
You are welcome, I wish you well, Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist