How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chan Your Own Question
Dr. Chan
Dr. Chan, Ophthalmologist
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 356
Experience:  Board Certified in ophthalmology
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. Chan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

3 times I have had my contacts in, I have been watching TV

Resolved Question:

3 times I have had my contacts in, I have been watching TV or on the computer, and my left eye dilates, then I feel dizzy for about 5 seconds, I can't see out of my left eye, and then I come to, but my eye remains dilated for 1-3hrs. I am not drinking or on drugs when this happens. I have a history of tumors on small bones on the left side of my body. I wear contacts or glasses.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Chan replied 8 years ago.


Does your eye hurt? What is your age? Do you have any other medical conditions?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
No, my eye doesn't hurt. I am 23. I have had small benign tumor-like cysts on my small bones of my left side of my body. I don't notice what's happening until my friend points out that my eye looks funny, then I start to get dizzy.
Expert:  Dr. Chan replied 8 years ago.


The most common cause of one eye dilating more than the other is contact with chemicals. There could be some irritation from your contact lens or solution. Severe sinusitis can also cause this problem.

There is also an inflammatory condition called Adie's pupil that occurs in young women. We don't necessarily know the cause, but the problem is benign.

Either way, you need to have your eyes examined and you possibly may need a scan of your eye socket and head.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Dr. Chan and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you