Dr. Chan
Dr. Chan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified in ophthalmology
17282639

I get a wierd feeling (like dizzy, or latent) everytime I

I get a wierd feeling (like dizzy, or latent) everytime I move my eyes. What could be causing this? It has been going on for 3 days straight.

HelloCustomer

Do you see double? Do you have any other medical conditions? What medications do you take? Do you have any neurologic problems, like numbness or weakness in your legs or arms?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I don't see double. I have an appointment for my eyes on June 17 to check for Glaucoma. My general Physician said that my optical nerve looked swollen, and needed to get that checked asap. I am currently taking Paxil 10mg, and beconase for nasal polyps. I have had two surgeries for nasal polyps (removed). And now I have to have it done again. I have two in left nostril, and one very large one inthe right. I have been given two Rx (at different times) of prednisone to help reduce the polyps, but to no avail. I have been having numbness in my left arm. And I also have numbness in both my feet.

It sounds like your eyes are not working together. When you look to one side or the other, one eye leads and the other lags. That is probably what is causing the symptoms. Thyroid disease is one thing that notoriously can cause this. Another condition is a neuromuscular disease called myasthenia gravis. Finally, together with the "swollen optic nerve" and numbness in left arm, I would get a scan to look for signs of MS as well. I am glad you are seeing an eye doctor (make sure its an ophthalmologist) because these are some serious conditions to rule out.

Hope this helps and good luck.