Dr. JLB
Dr. JLB, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  General Ophthalmologist, Fellowship trained in Refractive Surgery
18439675

Daughter has been suffering an undiagnosed muscle and nerve

daughter has been suffering an undiagnosed muscle and nerve problem...severepain...sometimes extremites go numb....left leg at knee joint gives out. never without pain....now isd having eye problems..blurring of vision....I read about a disease Optical something that starts (I think) with the letter Di...cant find where I saw it...can you identify it...   thANKS

HiCustomer

Can you give me some additional information?

1. Her age?

2. Do she suffer from any medical conditions?

3. Is she taking medication?

4. Aside from blurry vision, any eye pain or redness of the eyes?

5. Has she seen a rhematologist or eye doctor for symptoms?

This will help me evaluate the case better...

Sincerely,

Dr. JLB

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
HER AGE IS 30.....NO MEDICAL CONDTIONS.....CAR ACCIDENT 4 YEARS AGO..SURGERY FOR DISC REPAIR...INFECTION OF SPINE...2 YEARS AGO FOLLOWING MYLOGRAM....CURRENTLY TAKING. ANTI INFLAMMATORY....PAIN MED AS NEEDED.....DOES NOT SEEM ASSOCIATED WITH PAIN MED AS IS PRESENT WHEN NOT TAKING IT....PRESENTLY IS HAVING DIFFICULTY SLEEPING.....

HiCustomer

The undiagnosed nerve and muscle condition that your daughter is suffering from could have an autoimmune link. If this is the case, vision is frequently affected in the form of blurry vision. Sometimes the eyes can become light sensitive and become red. I'm not exactly sure about the condition you read about in the past.

Conditions such as Lupus, Rheumatoid arthritis or Multiple sclerosis should be considered as possible etiologies. The best recommendation I can make is a visit to a rheumatologist and an ophthalmologist as there is no substitute for a complete exam with appropiate studies to reach the appropiate diagnosis and treatment.

I hope this offers some guidance and good luck as you look for some relief to her condition...

Sincerely,

Dr. JLB

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
THIS IS MUCH LIKE THE ANSWERS WE HAVE BEEN RECEIVING....SHE HAS SEEN BOTH ABOVE MENTIONED SPECIALISTS AMONG OTHERS.....I THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME...NOTHING NEW ADDED

Ok...Good Luck

Sincerely,

Dr. JLB

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
answer did not add anything and was not able to answer my direct question.....will probably use service again...so please keep deposit for future use. thankyou
HiCustomer

I'm sure your deposit may be used for furture questions. The condition you may be referring to could be Optic Neuritis. This is often seen in Multiple Sclerosis. This does not start with a D but, with the information available, it is difficult to point to any specific diagnosis.

Once again, best of luck to your daughter....

Sincerely,

Dr. JLB
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
HER BRAIN SCAN SHOWS NONE OF THE MARKERS FOR MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS...DOCTORS HAVE RULED IT OUT. AS YOU CAN SEE, WE ARE DESPARATE FOR ANSWER....I DO APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST AND APPARENT SINCERETY...AND ALTHOUGH THERE HAS BEEN NOTHING NEW ADDED I WILL RELEASE MY DEPOSIT TO YOU. HOPEFULLY GOD WILL LEAD US TO SOMEONE WHO CAN HELP HER SO SHE CAN BE THE MOTHER SHE TRIES TO BE TO HER 8 AND 4 YEAR OLD.. THANK YOU
Thank you...

I sincerely ***** ***** will be found soon.

God Bless,

Dr. JLB
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

DR. JLB......I HAVE FOUND THE NAME OF THE DISEASE THAT I WAS SEEKING....IT IS DEVICS DISEASE.....PRESENTS SIMILAR TO MS..MAYO HAS DEVELOPED A TEST TO TELL THE DIFFERENCE. AGAIN, I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP, AND PERHAPS SOMEDAY THIS INFO MIGHT BE HELPFUL TO YOU

Thank you for your feedback... Devics is similar to MS but with particular differences in symptoms and treatment modalities.

Sincerely,

Dr. JLB