Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

About 25 years ago i had radial keratottomy on one eye. The

Customer Question
Dr cut through the cornea...
About 25 years ago i had radial keratottomy on one eye. The Dr cut through the cornea in the upper right hand area. For the last several months it has really been bothering me. About six weaks ago I had a cateract removed from this eye. My eye continues to bother me. Do you have any suggestions ofr relief?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Eye
6/2/2009
Eye Doctor: Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist replied 8 years ago
Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
What exactly do you mean it bothers me?
The eye often does not want to stay open. Perhaps because vision is slightly blurred even with corrective lens. Also, much of the time it feels as if I have an eyelash or a piece of grit in my eye. Are there drops that might help, but not harm my eye?

Hello there

it is very common for folks who has RK to have scracthy sensation on the cornea due to surface irrgeularity near the RK incisions. I suggest using something called Refresh Celluvisc several times a day to help reduce the irritation and foreign body sensation (lash in the eye feeling). I suggest you get your eyes checked and evaluated for tear deficiency and perhaps consider something called Restasis which can help you make more stable tears to better lubricate the eyes. This should help with your symptoms, Regards

Dr. Stevens

Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist