Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist
8112280

Blurred cloudy vision in one eye. Happened suddenly. Have had

Blurred cloudy vision in one eye. Happened suddenly. Have had a cold for apprx. 6 weeks - no medications. Have also had cortizone shots in both heels for plantar fas. last shot was 6 weeks ago - total of 3 shots in each heel.    Thi shappened 1 yr. ago when I had pnemonia. Was not as bad. Took approx 3 weeks to get over but healed up and no problem until now. If my right eye was like this one then I would be considered legally blind. Can hardly see out of my left eye!! What do you think?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stevens replied 8 years ago.

Hello there

when exactly did you get the cloudy vision in one eye? can you describe it? is it like foggy vision or like a blackout of the vision? is there any pain? any new floaters in the vision or flashes? When you say this happened before, you mean the same eye lost vision and got better ?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

It happened this past Sat or Sunday. Yes, foggy vision. No pain or headaches. If I rub my eye then it hurts some but other than that no pain.No floaters but a little sensitive to light. I catch myself squinting with my left eye alot. Yes, it happened in the same eye last year when I got pnemonia but went away after about 3 weeks. I never had it checked. I don't remember it being this bad last time. It went away and I never thought about it again. I have had this terrible cold that won't seem to go away. It gets better but then takes a turn and I have it again. I haven't gone to the Dr. so I haven't had medication for it.

Hello KristieP

there are several things that come to mind.....this could be related to the cold you have, in causing inflammation in the eye and causing blurred vision. This could be related to the steroid injections causing swelling in the retina or even more rarely cataract formation. It is very tough to pinpoint the issue but my advice will be to have this looked at this time around to see why this is happening, as it is definitely not normal and could potentially be something that would do better with treatment or monitoring, you need to get in with an ophthalmologist for an evaluation, Regards XXXXX