Dr. PG
Dr. PG, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Ophthalomology)
9208484

i,m having headaches and for example when i turn and look..eyes feel

Customer Question

i,m having headaches and for example when i turn and look to the side i feel like i,m tipsy and av to skwint its like a blur and focus. my eyes feel like theres a covering there like i need to wipe away. i had weak reading glasses six years ago. I really feel i av to focus alawys. all these problems started together about 3 months ago, i av a eye test tomorrow. Because i,m on benefits i,m worried he will say nothing is wrong because i dont pay. could you please help THANKYOU.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. PG replied 8 years ago.
Kindly give some more information regarding your question -
- kindly specify your age and sex.
- have you had any previous eye surgeries?
- any previous eye infections, eye inflammations?
- do you feel dizzy when you move your head to side?
- any other symptoms?
- are you on any medicines?
Regards
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
my age is 36. no eye surgeries. no infections. yes i feel dizzy when i move my head to side. symptoms i cant consintrate for long. my medicines are antidepprests . and medication for my epilepsy which iav been taken for years now.
Expert:  Dr. PG replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for the information.
The symptoms you are describing can be due to -
- increase in intraocular pressure of the eye or glaucoma
- muscle weakness of the eye
- requirement of glasses
- the cause of the symptoms can be totally unrelated to eye. The dizziness on moving the head can be due to a problem of the inner ear like Minear's disease or BPPV (micro stones in the semicircular canals of the ear which are responsible for maintaining balance).
- a side effect of the anti-depressants you are on.
Any problem in the eyes will be clear after you have been examined by your Ophthalologist. If your eye check up is normal, then you would need evaluation by an Otolaryngologist or ENT specialist to rule out any other problem.
Regards