Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

My eyes are a bit off and i would like them to be alot

my eyes are a bit...
my eyes are a bit off white and i would like them to be alot whiter and fresher looking would you have and idea what to take or do to get them to look sharper and whiter ?
5/4/2009
Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Do you have any medical problems, particularly liver issues? what is your age, do the eyes looks red or yellower than you would like?
no i have no liver issues well not that i know of anyway, im 25yrs ( and male if that helps ) my eyes are often bloodshot and are yellower than i would like them to be .
Red eyes in young people are often due to your lifestyle habits, too much outdoor exposure, exposure to dust dirt or winds, poor rest, allergies. You wont be able to change the color of the white from a yellow to a whiter white. You can use something like Zaditor OTC if you have itching and redness, as itching is a symptom of allergies. You can use things like Naphcon - A to take away redness for times you really need a white eye but it is only temporary. To make them less red all the time, you can use lubricants like Refresh Celluvisc. In the absence of medical conditions that cause yellowing of the white, you cant really do anythjing to change the color. Lastly reducing UV exposure with sunglasses can help reduce further yellowing / redness, Regards ***** *****
Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist