How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Stevens Your Own Question
Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 1404
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. Stevens is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a turned in eye as a child and had it straightened at

This answer was rated:

I had a turned in eye as a child and had it straightened at 7 years old. I am 30 years old now and I have problems seeing in 3D, using my two eyes together. I have heard that Vision Therapy can help this. What I am wondering is, are there any eye specialists in Ireland that specialise in this? As I live in Ireland.

Hello there

I am one of the ophthalmologists on Just Answer. I know we have no eye experts from Ireland and I am not certain if there are any vision therapists in Ireland. You have what we call strabismic amblyopia. What is encouraging is that you had the eyes aligned at a reasonably early age, and there is some potential for improvement, although low. What may help is that the first place to start is to see either an orthoptist or an ophthalmologist who is an adult strabismus specialist. I wish you the best, ***** *****

Dr. Stevens and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you