Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I have a blob that is floating across my range of vision.

Customer Question
This began about an hour...
I have a blob that is floating across my range of vision. This began about an hour ago as a small odd shaped blob, but has just now grown into this shape changing floating spider web type thing that is sort of very dark green in color and is driving me crazy as it stretches across my vision range. I do have lens implants that were done in 2006.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Eye
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/12/2009
Eye Doctor: Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist replied 8 years ago
Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Chat Conversation Started
Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist

So, I have paid, where is my answer????

Things that seem to float in your vision are imperfections in the gel in the back of the eye (vitreous). Since these are new, you should have your eyes examined. The reason is that this may simply be floaters in the gel, as a normal consequence of the aging eye, however it may also be a sign of a torn or detaching retina. You should be seen in the next few days, however, if you experience increasing floaters, new flashes of light (often described as an arc of light off to the side), or a blind spot or curtain in your vision, you should be evaluated tomorrow. I hope this helps, Sincerely

Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist