Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

Since having kemo treatments for cancer last year I have

Customer Question
developed a dark teal blue...
Since having kemo treatments for cancer last year I have developed a dark teal blue rim around the outer edge of iris. It doesn't seem to have any ill effects in any way. I've asked my primary care and cancer physician but somehow never get an answer as to whether I should be concerned about it or not. Thank you for your help.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Eye
4/11/2009
Eye Doctor: Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist replied 8 years ago
Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
where exactly is this, is it on the white of the eye (sclera) or the clear portion in front of the iris (cornea) ? is it both eyes? what is your age and gender?
My eye color is hazel. The hazel part of eye is now smaller because a rim of the dark teal has replaced a part of the eye that was hazel. Hope this helps.
age and gender please? african american by chance? one eye or both?
Age 77, Female, White, Coth Eyes.

Hello there

what you have is called arcus senilis. It is basically degenerative changes in the cornea and is very very common and never leads to any issues. This should not cause you any concern as it never causes any changes in vision, here is a picture for you to see, to make sure this is what you have, probably looks like your eye, Have a good evening Dr. Stevens

Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist