Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist
8112280

I went to optometrist,and everything was OK. Occasionally i

i went to optometrist,and everything was OK. Occasionally i feel pain on the top of my eye ball. it happens usualy once a week. they also get swollen sometimes. I'm 40.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stevens replied 8 years ago.
what type of pain do you get, sharp or dull? does it feel like there is something in the eye when this happens? do they tear or run?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
dull, they feel dry,it helps when i massage them.            I THINK IT IS HAPPENING FOR YEARS,BUT I JUST REALIZE I GET IN BAD MOOD BECOSE THAT .          I SLEEP ABOUT 5-6 HOURS (4 DAYS)   ,AND ABOUT 7 HOURS (2 DAYS)        AGAIN I ONLY FEEL THIS PRESSURE LIKE PAIN ONCE A WEEK,INTERESTINGLY ON THE DAY I SLEEP LITTLE LONGER

Hello there

if you feel pressure, and recently had an exam, the most likely thing that is happening is that you are getting referred pressure from sinuses, perhaps there is some mild sinus inflammation or seasonal allergies. I would try using some anti allergy medicine like claritin for a week to see if the symptoms improve. If your eyes felt dry and scracthy, as if there was something in there, lubricating eye drops would be appropriate, I think you can try this and if it persists have an exam with an ophthalmologist, Regards