Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

I recently went to the Opticians for an eye examination and

Customer Question

I recently went to the Opticians for an eye examination and was told that I have scarring at the back of my eyes and was immediately sent to see a Consultant at hospital on the same day, subsequent to this, a Consultant Surgreon has also examined my eyes and has informed me that I have Retina Ostosis, I am 62 years of age and would like to know what the future may hold in store for me. I have always worn spectacles since childhood.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. PG replied 8 years ago.
   What you are describing is Retinoscheisis. Kindly do give me some more information -
- have you had cataract surgery done in your eyes?
- how much is the power of your spectacles?
- are you on any medicines?
Regards
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

No, I have not had cataract surgery nor do I have cataracts.

I have been diagnosed with Retina Ostosis not Retino scheisis

I am long sighted but wear varifocle spectacles

I am an epileptic and have been so since 20 Nov 1999.

I am 62 years of age,male

As far as I know my health is otherwise good

I trust this is sufficient information, I particularly want to know whether I am likely to have further sight difficulties. I have been told that should I suffer "floaters" in my eyes, which I have had in the past, then I should call the hospital immediately.

Regards