Dr. PG
Dr. PG, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Ophthalomology)
9208484

I woke up with bags under my eyes, and not just old age or

I woke up with bags under my eyes, and not just old age or lack of sleep bags. It looked and felt like there was water in the bags. My eylids were very droopy also.The top and bottom eyelids were a little red, and itchy also . I haven't used anything different as far as make-up or cremes.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. PG replied 8 years ago.
   It seems that you are having a severe allergic reaction. For this you need to -
- take oral anti-histaminic like benadryl/cetrizine
- apply cold compresses to the eye like ice or cotton dippen in cold water on the eyelids
- anti-allergy eye drops like zaditor (available over the counter) in the pharmacy
If the eyes do not improve with the above treatment then you need to consult an Ophthalmologist.
Regards