Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

My undereye darkness is so bad they are almost black what

Customer Question
can i do also the...
my undereye darkness is so bad they are almost black what can i do also the skin on the lid is very saggy please help me im 46 and look 66
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Eye
3/18/2009
Eye Doctor: Dr. PG, Ophthalmologist replied 8 years ago
Dr. PG
Dr. PG, Ophthalmologist
   The cause of sagging of skin under the eyes with age is due to loss of elasticity of muscle and skin. There is a fat pad around the eyes i.e. in the upper and lower eye lid area. With age the skin and muscle in this area loose elasticity leading to sagging of skin. At 4 years it is a little early, but can happen in some cases.
The under eye dark circles can be due to-
- hereditary - if there is history of dark under eye circles i your family
- lack of sleep/stress
- excessive smoking and increased salt intake can cause fluid retention and dark under eye circles
- sun exposure
You would need to try taking 8 hours uninterrupted sleep, cut down on smoking (if you are a smoker), keep the skin moisturized with lotion containing vitamin E and aloe vera. If still no improvement then consult a Dermatologist for a detailed evaluation.
Regards
Dr. PG
Dr. PG, Ophthalmologist
Dr. PG
Dr. PG
Dr. PG, Ophthalmologist