Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I had Zyoptics Lasik Eye surgury almost 2 years ago, there

Customer Question
was a mix up in...
I had Zyoptics Lasik Eye surgury almost 2 years ago, there was a mix up in the surgury room and I believe that I recieved regular lasik surgury (zyoptics was about $1200 more and was recommended because I have large pupils) since recieving surgury I have terrible night vision and suffer alot from halos and starbursts..My question is....is it possible to see where the lazer treated my cornia, apparently with zyoptics lasik they treat a larger area then regular lasik treatment which would have reduced the chance of halos..I believe they made a mistake and treated me with the wrong surgury but I don't know if it is possible to see where or how large of a area the laser treated ....Thank you very much this is a question that I think of daily but am not sure who to get a honest answer from thanks again, Trent (XXX) XXX-XXXX
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Eye
3/16/2009
Eye Doctor: Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist replied 8 years ago
Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist

Hello there

unfortunately, the laser itself can not be assessed. However, it is possible for an ophthalmologist to estimate the size of the surgical flap and this can be something that can be compared to the initial plan. Sometimes the flap itself is too small for your pupil size. The problem I see in your issue is that I am pretty sure you signed a consent that stated something like "although zyoptics can reduce the amount of glare and halos it does not eliminate it" ....I wish you well, Dr. Stevens

Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist

Thanks for the info, have you ever heard of a touch up treatment that helped with halos or starbursts, or do you know of any eyedrops that might make my pupil a little smaller which I am sure would help. When I am driving and I turn on the interior light the halos go away almost in a instant....

Yes I am sure I did sign something like you had said I just wish there was a to see if I got the proper treatment cuz I am sure I am a victum of medical malpractice but by the sounds of it there is no way to prove it..

Thanks for your info and if you have any suggestions I would be happy to hear them

thanks again

trent

Trent

night time issues may actually get worse with any touch up or enhancement, what is a possibility is to get a prescription for a very low concentration of pilocarpine. This was a medicine we used commonly years ago (some still use it) for glaucoma and it is still available. It shrinks the pupil and lasts about 4-6 hours. It has some side effects mainly when you use it, you get a strain in the forehead, like a headache, but a concentration of 0.5% will probably not cause any headache. This is definitely worth trying and I have used it for this purpose in Lasik patients in the past. I wish you success with this treatment, Dr. Stevens

Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist