European Law

Have European Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Both myself and my husband are British (with 2 children) and…

Customer Question
Hi,Both myself and my husband...
Hi,Both myself and my husband are British (with 2 children) and are currently resident and own a house in France. I have started divorce proceedings against my husband in England. I will be returning to the UK in July and my husband will then be resident in Switzerland. My husband now now says he wants to divorce me in France as he will have to give me less.Can he force me to divorce in France?Thanks
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: European Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/31/2018
Lawyer: José M., Attorney replied 2 months ago
José M.
José M., Attorney

Hi, according to international law he could try the procedure in France as it has been your last resident place, but it Will be more expensive and Will need more time if you do not agree. My advice is to try an agrement betwwen you two and save money and time If there is not agrement he could go ahead with your opossition