European Law

Have European Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Can you answer questions about being detained in Turkey? If…

Customer Question
Can you answer questions...

Can you answer questions about being detained in Turkey?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

No. If you overstay your visa in Turkey and you are put in a detention, can you just pay a fine and be released?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I don't know what else to say

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: European Law
5/31/2018
Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin,
 replied 2 months ago

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 16 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

Is someone that you know detained? If so, have you met this person in person before or only online, Skype, etc.?

it is not a scam.
No
Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin,
 replied 2 months ago

Ok. If you do not think it is a scam, I will opt out and transfer it to our European Law section because it certainly isn't a U.S. law situation. No need to reply to me as it could delay the transfer. Thank you for your patience.