European Law

Have European Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

I had my goods with a storage company and paid to deliver to…

Customer Question
I had my goods...

I had my goods with a storage company and paid to deliver to spain. They changed the price again i paid it. My goods partly arrived out of my 20 boxes i got four. Some of my stuff was repacked and placed in drawers. Lots of damage and i am missing at least half of my possessions. I have been told that tbe company is in administration all of a sudden .but tbey are using the same emails and telephones but call tbemselves swan storage now. What can i do ? Cheers E.Masterson

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I am in Spain and my goods were in UK

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Asked for administrators name which they refuse to give me saying it has nothing to do with them.they cant tell me who unpacked my goods or where they are.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have all pertinant emails where tbey sayit has nothing to do with them. And tbey understand how i feel but tough.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: European Law
3/29/2018
Lawyer: Josie-Mod,
 replied 2 months ago
Josie-Mod
Hi, I'm Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I've noticed you have not yet received a response to this question.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer.
If you are, please let me know. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
No i would like some advice if possible.
European law must cover this or ??
Lawyer: José M., Attorney replied 2 months ago
José M.
José M., Attorney

Hi José M spanish atorney. First we have to study your contract in order to check if you got an insurance or not. Do you have a contract with them?