European Law

Have European Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Can you tell me reasons for transferring large sums of money…

Can you tell me...

Can you tell me reasons for transferring large sums of money to Costa Rica?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I am domiciled in Zürich, Switzerland

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

To be honst

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

To be honest I am a private Swiss and i have kowledge of the following fact:

What may be the reasons for transferring rather big sums of money ( approx. CHF 20'000 a week) from Zürich to Costa Rica ?? They do it usîng different persons legal documents to proove their identity.
3/23/2018
Josie-Mod
Hi, I'm Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I've noticed you have not yet received a response to this question.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer.
If you are, please let me know. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Dear Madame,
I am still interested in your point of view. You may think that i must be a rather naive person who is not figuring out anything....
It does not matter. Of course i have thoughts . Money launderung is the key word. But I really want your opinion....
Kind regards Peter
Thegonnec
Thegonnec, Judge

Hello sir,

From the few facts you point above, this is likely to be some sort of illegal money laundering or tax evasion scheme. If you have knowledge of that and the fact that the same person/group of persons do this using different ID's, it is you duty to report it ASAP to the Office Fédéral de la Police in Bern, MROS division, specialized in fighting money laundring. Or to any police station.

Thegonnec
Thegonnec, Judge