European Law

Have European Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Is it possible to get a security check to see how much

Is it possible to...

Is it possible to get a security check to see how much longer my ban from Europe will be? I overstayed my visa and was told 1-3 years and it's been 2 years now. Thank you for your timei

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

2 years ago at the time of the incident at the airport

1/15/2018
José M.
José M., Attorney

Hi, In Europe you must be notified and they give you the chance to appeal. If they never notified you, may be there is not this fine. In all cases you could write to the closer embassy to the country which could put it and ask sending a writting to them. Thank you

To clarify.. I was fingerprinted and fined at the incident, but you’re saying that I needed to be notified by mail and given a chance to appeal? You are also saying that I could write a letter to the closest embassy where the fine was placed and ask them the status. What should I include in my letter? How do I find the correct person to send it to?

N​o, if they notified in person they do not need any more. Ask at the closer embassy and ask for your file in order to know until the fine is alive. You should send the letter to foreing department Thank you

José M.
José M., Attorney
Do you mean to call the Greek embassy where it happened or the Albanian embassy in the place where it occurred?

Yes It is the idea