European Law

Have European Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

I have just been dismissed without warning or disciplinary…

Customer Question
I have just been...

I have just been dismissed without warning or disciplinary procedures I was called into an office told a complaint had been raised about mr and was given my air ticket home, the complicated bit is under which countries law dis my contract in as I was working for the MFO.org

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I was working for the MFO.org in Egypt my contract was from the Rome office and I was paid in USD

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Only a letter from them to me terminating my contract I was on a 4 month probationary period but had worked in exactly the same position for 12 months prior

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was only told of an allegation had been made about me when I was called into the HR office the decision had already been made without me opening my mouth to hear my side of the allegation my flight was booked plus accommodation for my repatriation to the uk I wasn’t even asked if I coul have an independent witness present

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: European Law
1/8/2018
Lawyer: Ben Jones, Solicitor replied 6 months ago
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, Solicitor

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

My apologies. I responded to your question thinking you were seeking the assistance of a UK based lawyer. I will opt out so that another expert can assist you. Thank you