European Law

Have European Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

I am an American citizen married to a German citizen,we were…

Customer Question
I am an American citizen...
I am an American citizen married to a German citizen,we were married in Denmark, she has been back in Germany for 3 years is it possible to get divorce in Denmark ?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: European Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/1/2017
Lawyer: Clare, Solicitor replied 4 months ago
Clare
Clare, Solicitor

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What links do either of you now have with Denmark/

Thank you for the response. Neither me or her have any connects in Denmark but that is were our our marriage took place

Thank you

If you have no current links with Denmark then no you cannot issue Divorce proceedings there

They should be issues in either the country where one of you lives OR where you consider your self to be domiciled (possibly the USA for you)

Please ask if you need further details

Clare
Clare
Clare, Solicitor