European Law

Have European Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

I was sold a property in spain from a lady living in the UK,

Customer Question
Hi, i was sold...

Hi, i was sold a property in spain from a lady living in the UK, spanish contracts were drawn up and i paid her £136,000 over 3 years, have just found out she had a charge of nearly £20000 registered against it. i want to protect myself, i paid the £136,000 into her UK bank account, can i put a charge on her property in UK until she signs the house over to me and pay the charge on the property.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Spain

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

We are trying to get her to sign via spanish lawyers for 3 years but to complete the £20,000 has to be paid by her to clear the charge on the property.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

If i get a order in court in spain, can i enforce it in UK?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: European Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/29/2017
Lawyer: José M., Attorney replied 4 months ago
José M.
José M., Attorney

Hi José M spanish atorney

If she livew in Uk you could sue her there.

José M.
José M.
José M., Attorney