European Law

Have European Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

I was issued a mortgage by Barclays Bank Spain a subsidiary…

Customer Question
I was issued a...

I was issued a mortgage by Barclays Bank Spain a subsidiary of Barclays bank UK on an ILLEGAL property when the Initial survey CLEARLY showed that the property was illegal. They denied me access to this document for SIX years and during this time had TWO "investigations" saying that the mortgage was correct as my property was OVER five years old when I purchased it. I went to the EU and was given this document which clearly showed the illegality of my property AND it states that my property WAS NEW and not protected by the Spanish antiquity law. Also I stopped paying my mortgage in 2010 and no action to reposses my property was taken. Also adverts were displayed in the Spanish branches saying that Barclays Bank Spain is a subsidiary of Barclays Bank UK and is registered with the (then) F.S.A. number 120272 this was fraud as the F.S.A. stated that they only covered the UK and the number was INVALID as per the F.O.I office. I paid 330,000 euros for my property and was told to bring 130,000 euros to the purchase meeting. I asked other purchasers using different banks if they did the same and they did. When I received my documents from the bank the purchase price on the mortgage deeds was 150,000. I wrote to Every C.E.O./Chair SEVEN IN ALL asking for an investigation and every one ignored my "recorded delivery " Letter WITH EVIDENCE.

Lawyer's Assistant: The Fraud Examiner will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Fraud Examiner should know?

Can I take this to the UK courts myself as EVERY FINANCIAL service the F.S.A, F.C.A, F.C.C and the Financial Ombudsman has dismissed my case saying that it happened in Spain but as a former Director I understand that Company Law states that a Parent/ Holding Company is DIRECTLY responsible for the crimes committed by its Subsidiary. I also know from contacts, as I was an Elected Councillor< that the Media has been stopped from reporting thi.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: European Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/16/2017
Lawyer: José M., Attorney replied 9 months ago
José M.
José M., Attorney

Hi. José M spanish atorney

Did you start a legal procedure in Spain?

a legal procedure has been started but against Caixa Bank as they purchased Barclays Bank Spain in 2015. Caixa Bank asked to see me after they purchased Barclays Bank Spain and I got the impression that they did not know what Barclays Bank Spain did and that I was just a defaulter on paying my mortgage. I told them the full story and Caixa asked how they could solve the issue. They asked if I wanted to stay in my Villa and I said no as it was illegal and had too many bad memories. They then asked me if I would change my villa for a legal one and I said yes if the plot was the same size as I had dogs. They then asked what else could they do and I stated that giving my money back plus interest. That was in June 2016 and my lawyer then put a case in court in December 2016.I still believe that I have a case against Barclays Bank UK the parent/holding Company in the UK as by UK company law they were responsible for their subsidiaries crimes

I think your best will be to get an agrement in Spain, even to force them to do it for fraud.

If they started trying to getan agrement its because you have a winner case

If I were you I will continue in Spain forcing them with a good agrement

Thank you