European Law

Have European Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

It is not a immigration question, however have a procura…

Customer Question
Hello it is not...

Hello it is not a immigration question , however have a procura speciale that needs to be signed by a layer that is empowered by the Italian consolate I live in the interior of B.C. and it is a little far for me to come just for a signature. If I send you the forms could you sign it?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

It is for an inheritance from Italy

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can I e-mail you the forms that a written in Italian

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: European Law
11/3/2017
Lawyer: EULawyer, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
EULawyer
EULawyer, Lawyer

Welcome to JustAnswer!
As your European Law expert, I am reviewing your question and will try to find a good answer for you.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your question. I know what you mean, because European countries have the different system than the US and Canada, whereby powers of attorney need to be 'authentic' (i.e., not simply notarized), something that the US and Canadian systems do not have.

I would like to inform you that in such a situation there is simply no alternative to going through the Consulate. JA does not offer this service, nor can an attorney act by post. You as the person giving the PoA must be physically present in front of the authorized attorney / Consulate.

I know this is probably not what you wished to hear. Please feel free not to rate. I believe, however, that it is important you know the exact truth.

Cordially,

Dr I L Vlad