European Law

Have European Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

I have a United States passport but I registered as a sex…

I have a United...

I have a United States passport but I registered as a sex offender for an offense committed in 1997 how does it affect my passport

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

No do not know about this I am a US citizen an a musician

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No ,but because the offense was 20 years ago and this is a replacement PASSPORT how does it affect me

Answered in 1 hour by:
10/26/2017
José M.
José M., Attorney

Hi there

According european law criminal facts done 20 years ago has no legal relevance so you have nothing to be worried about

José M.
José M., Attorney
Is this also true for Canada India Korea Japan Australia,Brazil,Plan on performing in these countries as well.I have performed in Japan and Europe but that was over twenty years ago.Thank you so much.My wife of 34 years died from cancer last year this was a great help.
Is this also true for Canada India Korea Japan Australia and Brazil?

Sorry I am an european lawyer and I dont Know about laws out of here