How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask José M. Your Own Question
José M.
José M., Attorney
Category: European Law
Satisfied Customers: 6082
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
Type Your European Law Question Here...
José M. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter receive fine of 3000 euros 5 yrs ago for drink

This answer was rated:

My daughter receive fine of 3000 euros 5 yrs ago for drink driving in spain. Her spanish lawyer advised not to pay so she didnt . What is her position ??

The problem is that if she cames into Spain she could be arrested to be guided to court. Not paying is a criminal fault. The good point is the time, because there is 5 years time to be arrested from the warrant. If we considered 2 years time to get the warrant she shouldn't came to Spain in two more years to be safe. Jose M spanish atorney

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
She has received nothing since 2012. However in july this yr ( almost 5 yrs since the incident? 2 policemen came to my door asking for her ( i have a holiday home there )I told them that she lived in norway but they wouldnt tell me what it was about . Should i do something ?

Yes. It's a bad new what means court has not forgotten the case. They can do nothing as she is in your country but in no case she should come into Spain. Let at least 2 years more. In the other hand could study at court what they want now but I think it's to late for that.

José M. and other European Law Specialists are ready to help you