European Law

Have European Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

My daughter receive fine of 3000 euros 5 yrs ago for drink…

My daughter receive fine of...
My daughter receive fine of 3000 euros 5 yrs ago for drink driving in spain. Her spanish lawyer advised not to pay so she didnt . What is her position ??
9/16/2017
José M.
José M., Attorney

The problem is that if she cames into Spain she could be arrested to be guided to court. Not paying is a criminal fault. The good point is the time, because there is 5 years time to be arrested from the warrant. If we considered 2 years time to get the warrant she shouldn't came to Spain in two more years to be safe. Jose M spanish atorney

She has received nothing since 2012. However in july this yr ( almost 5 yrs since the incident? 2 policemen came to my door asking for her ( i have a holiday home there )I told them that she lived in norway but they wouldnt tell me what it was about . Should i do something ?

Yes. It's a bad new what means court has not forgotten the case. They can do nothing as she is in your country but in no case she should come into Spain. Let at least 2 years more. In the other hand could study at court what they want now but I think it's to late for that.

José M.
José M., Attorney