European Law

Have European Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

I'm worried about what is going to happen in the morning,

Customer Question
I'm worried about what...

I'm worried about what is going to happen in the morning

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Tenerife, canary island but we are both due to fly back to England tomorrow

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

We both went to the police station separately and they were saying it was domestic violence but I only banged my elbow on the door, I wasn't aware of most of what was going on, told them we had a argument and that I didn't want to press charges but they kept saying I should, I know I didn't want to and said no to them but they said they will be sending us both to court Monday morning anyway, I'm not happy about this because they did a statement and told me to sign it, I was confused because they didn't give me an English copy so I don't know what it says

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just want us both to be able to go home tomorrow on our flight, we have hospital appointments and our engagement party this week too, I don't understand why they pressing charges if I said I didn't want to, I felt I was been forced to but I still said no to them

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: European Law
7/30/2017
Lawyer: José M., Attorney replied 11 months ago
José M.
José M., Attorney

Hi. Jose M spanish atorney. The best for you it's to stay an defend you because if you go you could be arrested on future in Spain. Go and ask to your fiancée to say police is wrong and that's will be all