How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask José M. Your Own Question
José M.
José M., Attorney
Category: European Law
Satisfied Customers: 6052
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
Type Your European Law Question Here...
José M. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a joint account here in Spain with my girlfriend, I

Customer Question

I have a joint account here in Spain with my girlfriend , I am the only doner into the account , while I was away at work she has completely emptied the account over 100,00 Euros without my knowledge , is there any way I can recover some if not all the funds, I have written to the bank and made an official complaint .
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Costa del sol Nova Andalucía, Marbella
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No only apart from 2 mails from myself to the bank about this subject
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that's it thank you
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: European Law
Expert:  José M. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, José M spanish atorney. Has she a sign no the account, haw her name on it? How did she take out the money? Credit card or another?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
She transferred to another account she opened in Spain , she has a card for the account that's all I know
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
my understanding because I was the sole doner to the account I can take her to a small claims court
Expert:  José M. replied 3 months ago.

You say she has a card, so she could do it as it is not criminal offence, but she has to answer to you. So, the claim against the bank is useless. You have to demand her at court, to ask for the money. Contract a local atorney to start the legal procedure against her and forget the bank.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK thanks at least there is a way out
Expert:  José M. replied 3 months ago.

Thank you Sir. I gently ask for a good rate of my service