European Law

Have European Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

I have a joint account here in Spain with my girlfriend, I…

Customer Question
I have a joint...

I have a joint account here in Spain with my girlfriend , I am the only doner into the account , while I was away at work she has completely emptied the account over 100,00 Euros without my knowledge , is there any way I can recover some if not all the funds, I have written to the bank and made an official complaint .

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Costa del sol Nova Andalucía, Marbella

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No only apart from 2 mails from myself to the bank about this subject

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that's it thank you

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: European Law
6/17/2017
Lawyer: José M., Attorney replied 1 year ago
José M.
José M., Attorney

Hi, José M spanish atorney. Has she a sign no the account, haw her name on it? How did she take out the money? Credit card or another?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
She transferred to another account she opened in Spain , she has a card for the account that's all I know
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
my understanding because I was the sole doner to the account I can take her to a small claims court

You say she has a card, so she could do it as it is not criminal offence, but she has to answer to you. So, the claim against the bank is useless. You have to demand her at court, to ask for the money. Contract a local atorney to start the legal procedure against her and forget the bank.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK thanks at least there is a way out

Thank you Sir. I gently ask for a good rate of my service