EULawyer
EULawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Titular Attorney (Avocat) at Ioan-Luca Vlad Law Office
84559455

Im looking for someone that can provide notarials in germany

Im looking for someone that can provide notarials in germany for US Legal document for a home purchase. My wife/ex is unable to get to the embassy in a timely fashion so im looking for another approach
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: The home to be purchased is in florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: filed or reported no i just need a document notarized in order to close
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Welcome to JustAnswer!
As your European Law expert, I am reviewing your question and will try to find a good answer for you.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately, JA does not provide / have experts which provide notarial services.

However, I would like to suggest two approaches:

1. Using a local German notary public, which you can find by searching this site: http://www.notar.de/

They can authenticate the document required, or simply attest the signature (which is cheaper and equivalent to US notarization), and then you must obtain the Apostille (from the local court of where the notary works). This will make the document valid for the US;

or

2. Using one of the two new services provided by Commonwealth of Virginia companies. Virginia passed a revolutionary notary law which allows long-range notarization with bank-grade security. The documents are deemed to have been notarized in Virginia directly. See the top two companies here: https://www.notarycam.com/ and here: https://notarize.com/

I am not affiliated with them in any way. Note that the 2nd option does not require an Apostille to be used in the US, and the document can be shipped to the legal adviser / house owner in Florida directly.

I hope my answer was useful and look forward to your rating, which is essential to my activity.

Cordially,

Dr I L Vlad

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for the response. I figured there was a way to legalize a foreign notary. Hopefully we will be able to take this approach.

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Please do not forget your rating, which is essential to my activity.

Cordially,

Dr I L Vlad