European Law

Have European Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

European Law

I want to access my background record online, please help me

Customer Question
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: European Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/7/2016
Lawyer: ratioscripta,
 replied 1 year ago
ratioscripta

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Can you please tell me:

1) What country is this for?

2) Is this for civil or criminal record?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

my name is Yahya *****, I was living in Macomb IL USA, and I was charged with some criminal cases, but I want to check if I'm still suspicious or not because I'm innocent. so i want to access my background record online

Lawyer: ratioscripta,
 replied 1 year ago

Okay. On January 1, 1991, the Uniform Conviction Information Act (UCIA) became law in Illinois. This act mandates that all criminal history record conviction information collected and maintained by the Illinois State Police, Bureau of Identification, be made available to the public pursuant to 20 ILCS 2635/1 et seq. This law permits only conviction information to be disseminated to the public. You can access any records that have a conviction via CHIRP - the Criminal History Information Response Process. See it HERE.

Criminal records that did not end in a conviction are not accessible online from the court/state, but can still be seen by a private company that does a background check. There are many of these online. Example:

www.beenverified.com

www.instantcheckmate.com

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Lawyer: ratioscripta,
 replied 1 year ago
Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!
ratioscripta
ratioscripta
ratioscripta