How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask José M. Your Own Question
José M.
José M., Attorney
Category: European Law
Satisfied Customers: 5985
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
Type Your European Law Question Here...
José M. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I desperately need advice as 2 weeks ago i was arrested in

Customer Question

I desperately need advice as 2 weeks ago i was arrested in Barcelona. I was pushed by a friend and fell into a Spanish lady. She was not hurt and I apologised profusely but she started shouting and hitting me and was very angry. I don't speak Spanish so don't know what was actually said. The police arrested me a few minutes later. They punched me in the ribs and around the head. My hand circulation is still not right as they held me in handcuffs behind my back for nearly 6hrs. I was kept in a from Thursday to Saturday and the conditions we're appalling. When I was taken to the judge it became apparent that the lady had said I had 'touched her' when I fell. This is not true and was the first time I realised what my alleged offence was as nobody spoke English to me. The judge said he wanted to make an example of me as I am British and has ordered me to rerun to Barcelona on 11th July for trial. I have 4 young children and run my own carpentry business- which is suffering due to my hand pain. I have not slept properly since this happened and can barely eat I am so worried. My Spanish solicitor tried to get the case delayed until October due to my mental state but this is likely to be rejected he thinks.
I am so confused and have very little faith in the system and really do not know what is going to happen to me.
Please help!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: European Law
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. You should denounce him also. May be the court go against him anyway. In all cases you need yo contract a local english speaking english atorney to help you and you will have to go the trail day when dated. Thank you José M spanish atorney. Please write uf you need more help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
What will happen when I go?
Will I get a fine or a sentence?
How long would the sentence be?
Would it start immediately?
What does denounce mean?
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there

In order to answer you I need to know first if you have know charges and what charges are they

May be you are called as a victim or you are charged

If you are called as a victim you could get an indemnization

If you are charged you will have to defend you against them whit your atorneys help

denounce it the write you make to the police againts this person, a criminal complaint

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been charged with sexual assault.
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there

You could denounce him if you want in order to make easier your defence

In all cases you will need to contract a local atorney to defend you

A defender you can trust and understand him. Your defender could also to get an agrement with the judge

No chance to go to jail, you will get a fine. Do not worry for jail option Just a fine

But your defender will look for the best chance to defend you, Thank you

Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.

I gently ask for a good rate of the service

Thank you

Related European Law Questions