How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask EULawyer Your Own Question
EULawyer, Lawyer
Category: European Law
Satisfied Customers: 269
Experience:  Titular Attorney (Avocat) at Ioan-Luca Vlad Law Office
Type Your European Law Question Here...
EULawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife and I live in Romania. I am employed on a work

Customer Question

My wife and I live in Romania. I am employed on a work permit and have a residence permit in this regard. My wife does the same but on family reunion grounds.I also have a company incorporated in Mauritius and I do consulting (IT) through this company. I make more money through this consulting company than my job in Romania. I recently declared a dividend on my income and that has since credited to my account. I pay tax on this income in Romania. I have a joint account with my wife where the dividends are deposited.I have to apply for a UK visa for my wife and daughter.1. How should I explain the savings we have ? I can include the scanned copy of the board resolution of the company authorizing the dividend. I can include scanned copies of the bank statements of the company.2. What part of the savings is considered my wife ? How do I fill out the finances and cost of the holiday part ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: European Law
Expert:  GSenmartin replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay as I may also be assisting other customers at the same time and I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.
Expert:  GSenmartin replied 1 year ago.
Your question ended up in the U.S. immigration law forum, but it is about a European case?
Expert:  EULawyer replied 1 year ago.
Dear Sir,Thank you for your question. It is now in the right section.The answer to question 2 is: you do not need to prove that a particular part of the money belongs to your wife. Of course, you can put it in a bank account in her name, and send a bank statement with the application, but there is another option available.Namely, and this is in answer to question 1: the point of the application process is to show that you have access to funds, not necessarily that they are yours. Therefore, it is admissible to prove that a third party (i.e. you for your wife and daughter) who will be in the UK legally (if travelling together you will be there legally based on your EU residence status), will be providing financial support.To sum up, you will be ok if you will provide:-> a bank statement of your joint account;-> a declaration (which in Romania can be done with a notary public) that your will be supporting your wife and daughter financially in the UK; and-> the board resolution authorizing the dividend; but also-> I strongly suggest putting forward the proof of your Romanian income, just to show that you have stability of earnings (even if lower) in Romania as well.I hope my answer is helpful and look forward to your rating, which is essential to my activity.Cordially,Dr I L Vlad
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i received an original invitation letter from my aunt in the UK with whom we will stay. However the period mentioned there is April 28 - May 2. I am sure we wont get the visas in time to make this period. Should I get an email from her saying that she is ok to accommodate us at any time or should I get a new letter and set a new date ?
Expert:  EULawyer replied 1 year ago.
Dear Sir,Yes, April 28 is quite soon. I would strongly suggest taking a letter of invitation for the the new dates.Saying that she would accommodate you 'at any time' is a very strong suggestion that you might remain there indefinitely, which is something visa processing staff do not look well upon (i.e. they think you will wish to settle).I hope my answer helps and would kindly ask you not to forget to rate my answer.Cordially,Dr I L Vlad