How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask José M. Your Own Question
José M.
José M., Attorney
Category: European Law
Satisfied Customers: 6056
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
Type Your European Law Question Here...
José M. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My grandfather from the Basque region of Spain fought

Customer Question

My grandfather from the Basque region of Spain fought for Spain and was sent to Cuba. Leaving a small child and wife in Spain. They met him 8 years later in America, I was told we can obtain dual citizenship, Spainish and American as of a law passed 2008.
My grandaughter wants to go to school in Spain, this would help with the visa problem. Can you answer this question?
thank youl
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: European Law
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, To go to Spain to study will be a good way to get the dual nationality as she can get it once he has spent 2 years legally in SpainSo, it a good way for her to study and stay here 2 yearsPlease ask if you need more help. Thank you. José M spanish atorney
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wanted to know if there was a new law in Spain from 2008 that gives families that their basque father inducted into the spanish military to show allegence to spain during the war in I hear we can obtain dual citizenship spanish and american citizenship. please answer the question I asked.
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.
You mean 52/2007 law
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.
But this law ended in 2011
So, the way now is to stay here legaly for 2 years
Than you