How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask EULawyer Your Own Question
EULawyer, Lawyer
Category: European Law
Satisfied Customers: 260
Experience:  Titular Attorney (Avocat) at Ioan-Luca Vlad Law Office
Type Your European Law Question Here...
EULawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My names I have tourist visa and come here to visit my

Customer Question

Hi my names Aaron I have tourist visa and come here to visit my defacto fiancée we very much in love in three months we have lived as happy family with 16 year old son who loves me alot and treats me like his father and me as his son our bond has grown very strong I do not want leave to go back to Australia I want stay and live as family my future wife has all so wanting me to stay we caught in middle of rock what would be your advice for us as the young boy does not want me to leave either my visa runs out on the 4 th of April
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: We very inexperienced in what we should do
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: European Law
Expert:  EULawyer replied 1 year ago.

Dear Sir,

I understand your situation. The best thing to do is to go to the local Foreigners' Office, or in case one is absent, to the local police station, and get a 'renewal of short-term visa'. Luckily, this can be obtained within Spain, on the basis of proof of your income / means of subsistence, and reason for staying (family reasons). However, this will not work indefinitely. In the next step, you should marry your fiancee. This will give you the possibility to apply for residence and a Foreigner Identity Card in Spain, and after one year, the right to apply for Spanish citizenship through residence (which is much easier than through naturalization, basically you need to be over 18, not separated from her, and be sufficiently integrated in Spanish society, i.e. being member of a club or two and having some form of income, even from abroad) at the local Civil Registry. Once you are a citizen, you may remain in the country indefinitely.

I hope my answer was helpful and look forward to your rating, which is essential to my activity.


Dr I L Vlad

Related European Law Questions