How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask José M. Your Own Question
José M.
José M., Attorney
Category: European Law
Satisfied Customers: 6076
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
Type Your European Law Question Here...
José M. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is ***** *****, I am a Uk National, living in

Customer Question

hello my name is ***** *****, I am a Uk National, living in Thailand. My wife and I separated some 5 years ago (nothing signed or official, still legally married) She (UK National also) then moved to Spain. I have just been told that she has sadly passed away. She has a brother and Sister in the UK. but we do not know who can arrange her affairs, can I give power of attorney to them to arrange things? Thank you
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have no paper work e.g. Marriage certificate I think she took them with her) She is now interred in Spain and we do not know if I have to fly from Thailand to arrange things or can her Brother go from the UK with power to make arrangements?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: European Law
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there José M spanish atorney

In Spain you can do nothing diferent from paying taxes

You have to contact a UK atorney and manage the inheritage procedure in UK

Nothing to do with spanish law, aplicable law is the national law of the deceased person

Contract a UK atorney working in Spain to manage all the case, taxes included

I will be here if needed, thank you

I cloud provide you some contact here to manage if you want

Thank you