How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask José M. Your Own Question
José M.
José M., Attorney
Category: European Law
Satisfied Customers: 6015
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
Type Your European Law Question Here...
José M. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

This is vidhya, Currently I'm in tier 1 business visa in uk.

Customer Question

Hi this is vidhya, Currently I'm in tier 1 business visa in uk. I want to know about mayors adoption in Spain. Someone told me that if I file a case for mayors adoption to a Spanish court then I'll be issued citizenship and adoption certificate in 28 days. Is it possible to get citizenship in 28 days through adult adoption process?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: European Law
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there

José M spanish atorney

Spanish law does not allow to adopt a person over 18 years

In no case somebody could get a residence in Spain by adoption way

Please ask if you need more information

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your response. But I've read somewhere about Mayors(adult) Adoption in Spain that applies for age 18 over.
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.

Never when you have no previous relathionship between parts. In no case to get a residence permit

The inbformation you got is not correct

Thank you to rate positively the service

Have a good day

Related European Law Questions